April 05th, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
If health and human services enforcement applies to your business, then we have the right module for you in this webinar.
This session will address how practice managers should get their HIPAA compliance checklist in order before the audits occur and the major changes under the Omnibus Rule. Understand;
- Updates for 2017
- Requirements of compliance officers
- Real life litigated cases
- Portable devices
- Business associates and the increased burden
Why Should You Attend:
- Do you have an affective HIPAA security compliance program?
- New laws and funding mean increased risk for both business associates and covered entities!
- HIPAA Omnibus – Do you know what’s involved and what you need to do?
- What does Omnibus mean for covered entities and business associates?
- Why should you be concerned?
- Court cases that are changing the landscape of HIPAA and patient’s ability to sue!
- Trial attorneys are more dangerous than the federal government!!
It is important to understand the new changes going on at Health and Human Services as it relates to enforcement of HIPAA for both covered entities and business associates as it relates to what we need to do as compliance officers. You need to know how to avoid being low hanging fruit in terms of audit risk as well as being sued by individuals who have had their PHI wrongfully discloses due to bad IT or internal administrative practices.
Instructor Brian L. Tuttle is a Certified Professional in Health IT with over 17 years’ of experience in Compliance Consulting.
At AtoZ Compliance, we focus on our core values – quality, expertise, and customer experience which are the foundation of our business. We take extreme care in selecting topics which are highly relevant to you.