Speaker: Wes Pruett – Owner, HR Advisors
Date: December 15th Thursday
Time: 01:00 PM EST | 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Product Code: 300194
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HRCI.
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
“This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.”
Key Take Away
This webinar gives you the key components to a cost-effective onboarding plan that will increase retention and productivity and will show you how best of class programs start onboarding during recruitment and have a systematic program for the first year of work.
Reducing turnover and fast-tracking new employees to productivity is a key business imperative. The reality is that about 30% of employees don’t make it past their first year and it’s expensive. Good recruitment and new hiring training can be quickly undone by disorganized poorly executed new employee orientation.
The research is clear; a systematic comprehensive onboarding process is good business. In fact, formal onboarding increases the chance of keeping a new employee for at least 3 years by 69% and one study showed employees were productive two months earlier with an effective program. Employees get up to speed quicker and stay on the job longer when their first year HR training and development experience is well managed.
Why Should You Attend
Best practices onboarding integrates the employee into the company through socialization, acculturation, training, and coaching. The result is employees who clearly understand their role and feel connected to the company.
Areas Covered In This Webinar
- The purpose and benefits of a great onboarding training for employees
- Understand the 5 key components of a best practices onboarding program.
- Understand the four “C’s”: Compliance, Clarification, Culture, Connection
- Applying gamification to onboarding – why and how
- How to structure a comprehensive onboarding plan
- Five metrics to help measure effectiveness
- How to build connections with new hires
- Coaching questions for retention and engagement
- Onboarding program assessment
- List of 50+ onboarding best practices
- How retention interviews support onboarding
- Receive an assessment of your onboarding program
- Receive coaching and mentoring questions to build engagement and loyalty
- How to use technology to modernize your program
- Best practices for effective programs
- Problems and pitfalls to avoid in building your program
- Tips and ideas to make your program more effective
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resources Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Organizational Development Personnel
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors.
Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facilitates employee training related to communication, leadership, coaching and strategic planning. He is a certified business coach credentialed by the International Coach Federation.
Wes earned a Masters in Healthcare Administration at the University Of Minnesota Carlson School Of Management and an M.S. in psychology.