Speaker: Cathleen M Hampton – Professional consultant
Date: December 12th Monday
Time: 01:00 PM EST | 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Product Code: 300161
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HRCI.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
Key Take Away
Learn to retain your records management program in a cost-effective manner, by utilizing an effective and reliable records management as part of your compliance program.
The only constant today is change…and with regards to document retention policy and privacy, laws, regulations are changing all of the time. You need to be diligent to know how, and if, your current policy is affected by these changes.
Retention and management of records is more complicated than just deciding what to keep and for how long. In what form should records be kept? Should we keep more than what the regulations require? If so, what? What about possible litigation needs? Examiner expectations must be met, of course, but other parties, such as law enforcement, auditors, and those representing your employees may require access to information, as well.
Why Should You Attend
To manage an effective program in a cost-effective manner, compliance professionals must rely on information from a broad range of resources within the organization. Records management is the point of convergence of these resources, which is why effective and reliable records management training must be part of your Compliance Program.
Areas Covered In This Webinar
- Specific tips for business records retention practices that both strengthen your process and standardize your records management program
- How to plan for worst case scenarios
- Developing records retention schedules
- The key elements of a security assessment of your plan
- Retention basics: What should you keep and for how long?
- What about HIPPA compliance training and medical records?
- What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII training)?
- Privacy laws: What is the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and why should I care?
- How do I protect myself, my business, and how do I get started?
- Electronic records retention, promises and problems
Who Will Benefit
- Compliance Officers
- Information Security and Management Personnel
- IT Personnel
- Senior Management
- Operations Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Anyone involved in the Creation, Management, and Destruction of Information and Records
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise and consulting services in areas of risk and compliance, work force planning, and human capital strategy. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that increase organizational outcomes. She is a well-known speaker noted for presenting best-in-practice solutions focused on talent retention and operational strategies that outpaced major completion through strong and decisive business leadership.
Source Link: https://www.atozcompliance.com/trainings-webinar/human-resources/hr-investigations-and-audit/document-retention-you-dont-have-to-be-overwhelmed-with-that-all-too-frustrating-paper-chase/cathleen-m-hampton/300161