Speaker: Garrett Wasny – PDC for CPAs and CAs
Date: December 14th Wednesday
Time: 01:00 PM EST | 10:00 AM PST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Product Code: 300190
“This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.”
Key Take Away
This advanced Googling webinar will explain how to instantly and dramatically improve your Google search skills training, optimize Google for maximum speed and security, tap scores of little-known Google information tools and streams, and transform Google into your backup brain, robot assistant and ambient sidekick.
Advanced Googling webinar provides a concise overview of how to instantly and dramatically improve your advanced Google web search skills and find online information on practically any topic – earlier, faster and smarter. Find out how to unlock hidden menus and filters in the Google results page, compose advanced search queries, customize Google for maximum speed and security, uncover 10x more information in a fraction of the time, automate your online research, gather knowledge in 70+ languages, tap scores of little-known advanced Google search tools and apps and much more.
Non-technical, easy-to-understand and fun, the webinar shows you how to mine hundreds of rich content streams in the vast Google universe and how to interpret all these signals in their proper context. You’ll quickly acquire search superpowers that will take your information literacy to the next level. If you take only one webinar on how to self-educate online and master lifelong learning, this is it!
Why Should You Attend
Not knowing how to effectively use Google has significant costs and risks that users routinely overlook and underestimate. Key considerations:
- A super overabundance of online data is making important things harder to find and impeding good decision-making. If don’t know Google search tips that cut through all the noise and static, you will be routinely obstructed, distracted and delayed in finding the results you seek – if you ever find them at all — for critical business and life decisions
- Professionals who don’t have the Google “right stuff” and aren’t familiar with all its full capabilities will be outwitted, outplayed and outlasted by rivals who do
- Google site search has changed the very notion of what it means to be smart. Knowing how to quickly discover knowledge, not retain or hoard it, is now key to human intellect. If your competition knows how to consistently use Google search engine to uncover something you don’t know – or find it out earlier – you will quickly become antiquated and irrelevant in your domain
- Study after study confirms that the vast majority of Googlers suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect – a cognitive bias where users grossly overestimate their Google abilities (“I’m a great searcher!”). In fact, all but a tiny share of Google users are:
- downright lousy in online information retrieval
- frequently unaware of their own information illiteracy and don’t know what they don’t know
- largely clueless how to use Google’s advanced search applications and features
- naively overconfident in the information they obtain
- According to recent Google studies, poor or undeveloped search skills have a huge and negative impact on enterprise productivity and workflow. Nearly half a typical knowledge worker’s online time is non-productive because users:
- struggle with irrelevant or junk results
- don’t know how to address conflicting and missing information
- experience “search rage” – feelings of intense frustration whey they can’t find critical online information quickly, particularly under tight deadlines
- surrender to online temptations and waste countless exploring topics unrelated to work
- interrupt colleagues and ask them to search Google on their behalf because they can’t find the answer themselves
- create bottlenecks and delay business reports by anywhere from four hours to 10 business days because they’re waiting on colleagues to Google information needed to complete a document
Areas Covered In This Webinar
- How to Build a Deep and Solid Google Foundation
- The Best Browser Extensions to Improve Your Google Experience and Performance
- Must-Have Mobile Apps That Fully Tap Google’s Vast Global Brain
- How to Interpret Google Search Results in Their Proper Context
- Four C Dimensions of Google Searching (Clueless, Context, Channel and Cross-Cultural)
- How to Automate Your Online Discovery
- How to Uncover Business Trends and Opportunities in Real-Time
- How to Become a Google Super Searcher in Three Easy Steps
- Instantly and dramatically improve your Google search skills — on any topic, using any connected device and in practically any situation
- Scan Google with added precision, nuance, context, speed and confidence
- Discover literally 10x more information that’s hiding in plain sight on the Google search results page
- Compose advanced search queries that generate more relevant results
- Automatically and continuously monitor your professional and industry landscape using free alert and aggregation services
- Use Google’s new generation of predictive apps that know what you want without you having to ask
- Transform Google into your backup brain, robot assistant and ambient sidekick
- Spot opportunities, threats and risks in your professional and industry domain — earlier and faster
- Enhance your ability to search professional literature, identify relevant information, and form conclusions
- Interpret search results related to your profession and industry in their proper context
- Save countless hours of research time by automating and aggregating updates from the most authoritative sources online
- Use Google to be more curious, more aware of what you don’t know, and more inquisitive — about everything
- Formulate better queries that enable you to organize your thinking about information gaps and blind spots in your situational awareness
- Become more comfortable and proficient at Google query formulation to sharpen your analytical skills and spark innovative ideas
- Ask Google fundamental questions about what’s going on around you to help address current problems, why they exist and how they might be tackled
- Contend with rapid change and rising uncertainty by using Google to continually learn what’s new and anticipate what’s next in these dynamic times
- Become hyper-aware of finding new opportunities and solutions in your industry on and through Google
- Hundreds more practical lessons — all in non-technical, easy-to-understand language
Who Will Benefit
- Human Resource Administrators
- University Professor/Teacher
- Sales Manager
- Any Professional, who uses Google to gather online information, analyzes search results, and guide decision-making in their professional and personal lives.
Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBP is an award-winning Internet search advisor, author and presenter based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and former Price Waterhouse management consultant.
Garrett’s academic credentials include a Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA Hons) degree and a Master of Arts (MA) degree. His professional accreditations include Certified Management Consultant (CMC), Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) and FITP (FITT International Business Professional).
Garrett has written four books, dozens of e-books and hundreds of articles on Internet strategy and tactics for leading publishers, business clients and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) organizations. His books include World Business Resources.com (McGraw Hill, New York), How to Conquer the World (Government Institutes, Washington, DC) and Advanced Googling (Google Books, Mountain View, California). His e-books include Advanced Googling for Accountants Parts I, II and III, Google Apps for Accountants, Google Business Tools for Accountants, Google Big Data and Forecasting Tools for Accountants and Google is Not Enough for Accountants. He’s also published hundreds of articles on Internet topics in scores of leading business publications and newspapers across North America.
Over two decades, Garrett has delivered thousands of presentations on advanced Googling and Internet strategy to hundreds of leading accounting institutes, industry associations, Fortune 500 companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, business schools and other legal, medical, engineering, pro sports and executive education organizations worldwide.
Garrett’s search courses are approved and accredited by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy), the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and other respected governing bodies which regulate continuing professional education in the North American accounting profession and business world.
Garrett has won numerous awards for his writing, speaking and web design. These include two Price Waterhouse national writing prizes, an Internet World New York public speaking award, and Study Web and ExpoWorld commendations for excellence in developing global trade content for the Internet.